This is a weird behavior and there is a chance it’s my setup, but then again, there might be a chance it’s a bug.
I noticed that after upgrading to the latest forest-express-mongoose, my API-based dashboard charts broke when running locally. To fix them I changed my router settings to serve these charts under a URL path that starts with “/forest”.
It’s weird, I know, it might be my setup but maybe this is worth checking.
I expected to be able to define any arbitrary API endpoint running on my backend to serve an API-based chart.
This actually doesn’t work and produces this error:
Access to fetch at ‘http://localhost:3000/api/forest/users/total/canceled’ from origin ‘https://app.forestadmin.com’ has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header in the response must not be the wildcard ‘*’ when the request’s credentials mode is ‘include’.
I was able to fix it by moving all my API-based chart endpoints under “/forest/custom”. Also my custom actions were broken I was able to fix them in a similar way.
Please provide any relevant information about your setup.
- forest-express: 9.2.5
- forest-express-mongoose: 8.3.8
- Express: 4.17.1
- Mongoose Version: 5.4.10