Can I use forest admin with dynamoDB?

Can I use forest admin with dynamoDB?
I’m using was DocumentClient to query AWS dynamoDb in my express server.

Can I somehow integrate Forest to this DB?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Gal_Saada,

Sadly, we do not support DynamoDB for now. At the moment, we only support Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL & MongoDB
I’ll push this as a suggestion to our product board !

Thanks

2 Likes

Just a quick message to show support for adding support of dynamoDB to forestadmin :+1: Would be great! Any news on that front?

2 Likes

+1 - we’re trying out Forest Admin right now, and lacking a way to display our DynamoDB data within it is the biggest drawback.

@jeffladiray and all - I’ll be grateful for any suggestions on how to achieve this without out-of-the-box support.

Hi @odedmagger @thibauld

I guess a possible solution would be to create a smart collection associated to your AWS DynamoDB. I’m no expert of DynamoDB, but looking at the aws-jdk (Kit SDK AWS pour JavaScript dans Node.js) and our smart collection documentation (Create a Smart Collection - Documentation), I’m pretty sure this kind of goal could be achieved with some code.

We also have an example here (Display Hubspot companies - Woodshop) which is not related to AWS/DynamoDB, but show a great example on how to display data from a third party service using the smart collection.

2 Likes

Any new about this feature, we are also interrested.

1 Like