Cannot Access my Staging evironment

Feature(s) impacted

Cannot access Forest Admin Staging

Observed behavior

I can access production just fine, and have contacted admins, they and my team do not have this issue. The issue only occurs when I attempt to switch to staging.

Expected behavior

Access the staging section

Context

I have seen a similar issue in this community section and have attempted to clear the cache and use another device. I am aware there are some ongoing issues that limit access more generally but was wondering if my specific case was the same.

Hello @DavidHugh,

Thanks for reaching out :raised_hands:

Could you please give me your project name and your name so that I can check this out on my side?

Thank you.

Hi,
The Project is GoJoe and my name is David Roast

Hello @DavidHugh,

That’s very strange indeed, you should be able to access this environment.

Could you please open your browser inspector and share both your console (look for error in red) and your network (same thing, look for red error, click on it and please open the preview tab with all elements opened)?

Thanks.

Inspector:

Console:

Hello @DavidHugh,

Can you please share the required info regarding your project?

• Project name: …
  • Team name: …
  • Environment name: …
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: …
  • Database type: …
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: …

It’ll help me investigate.

The errors that you’re sharing are CORS errors, meaning that the server responds to OPTIONS requests with headers that don’t allow the real requests to be accepted.

Can you please share with us the request headers and response headers for the corresponding OPTIONS requests (they are launched just before the calls that are raising the errors)?

Thanks

Project Name: GoJoe
Environment Name: Staging
Agent Version: v7.1.0
Database Type: SQL
Recent changes: I have not made any however my Team have made large changes recently(but on a completely different project (One that is working as intended))

I’m not exactly sure what Team name is.

Ok, thanks, but I would also need the headers from the options requests and responses.

Errors from CORS can occur when the server is not configured correctly, for instance if the agent is not running or if the reverse proxy on the server is not correctly configured to expose the agent.

In this case, if the servers responds a 500 or any other error, or even a 200 with the default HTML page, the CORS error appears because of missing headers.

So I would say that it’s most likely a problem with the deployment of the agent, either it does not start, it stops, or the reverse proxy is not configured to forward the right port.