This is a template you must use to report issues.
You can also drag images, videos and include
I recently started to use my heroku deployed app with ForestAdmin and
the implementation was pretty straight forward; I can access the
development db and manage it while in localhost but when i try to
switch to production it says it can’t log me in and connect me.
I followed the instructions of setting the private keys on Heroku
Config Var but it doesn’t work.
Please describe in this mandatory section the current behavior you observe.
To be able to log in to Production enviroment
In this optional section, please:
- include any relevant log snippets if necessary,
- or remove this section if left empty.
Please provide in this mandatory section, the relevant information about your configuration:
- Project name: Private-Bibliotek
- Team name: …
- Environment name: Production
- Agent type & version: …
- Recent changes made on your end if any: …
Hello @FunkDr. Welcome to your community.
Let’s try to dig into your issue. To help you I need more information.
- Did you have any logs to share?
- Can you open your browser Network tab and copy past the falling call with related information?
- Can you verify your environment variables in Heroku? Can you list them here (do not share your confidential information, just the setup variables’ names, and values for non-confidential information?
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Do you want the ENV_Secret too?
As far as i can tell, everything is matching with the settings of Forest, even the URL.
I’m still missing some information to local your issue.
- Have you any logs on your server?
- Thanks for the browser network tab sharing, but can you share the response (by clicking on the failing call)?
- Finally, have you defined a CLIENT_ID? (You shouldn’t need it in dev) Do you define an APPLICATION_URL, could you share it?
Where is that CLIENT_ID defined?
My APPLICATION_URL is: https://bibliotek-private.herokuapp.com
You don’t need any in development. It’s only needed in production for infrastructure with multiple backends running behind a load balancer for example.
I check your production environment and it matches the data I see on your logs. But can you check your FOREST_ENV_SECRET to be sure?
Thanks for sharing your logs. There is an internal error somewhere but I cannot provide any help at the moment. We need to find the culprit:
- Did you install other gems on your project?
- Did you make some specific changes to the config?
Well… Now it doesn’t log me in on development mode too…
The FOREST_ENV_SECRET matches both on heroku and forest.
I didn’t install anything, after implementing Forest Admin and deploying it.
Really sorry for that. Do you have the same the exact issue?
Ok ok. Thanks for checking.
So it was working great and now it’s no more working ? I’ll check with some colleague to try to reproduce something there.