Double GET requests for a single collection

Hi team,

I am currently migrating to the the latest available release of Forest-expres-sequelize.

I have completed the migration in my Development environment.
Everything seems to work, excepted the fact that the GET requests are sometimes doubled for each collection, and it happens a lot of time.

I have seen it on each tested collection, either with overridden routes or not, with segments or not.

Please have a look on the video here below.
The multiple requests are reflected in the logs displayed using morgan.
I can also see these requests generated in the browser log network tab.

I am not able to determine what is generating these double requests, it is very strange.
I am attaching my index.js file if it can help.

index_js.tar (4 KB)

Could your please help me to diagnose if this is an issue from my code, or if this is a bug generated by your UI engine?

I cannot envisage putting it into production as it would lead to a significant degradation in performance.

Thanks in advance.

My current setup is:

"meta": {
    "database_type": "postgres",
    "liana": "forest-express-sequelize",
    "liana_version": "7.9.1",
    "engine": "nodejs",
    "engine_version": "14.16.0",
    "orm_version": "5.22.3"
  }

Hello @Louis-Marie,

Thank you for your feedback. After some investigation I’m able to reproduce the bug. (It only appears after going to Collection with a Segment.)

I’ll open a ticket on our end. I’ll link this thread to the ticket so we will keep you updated once fixed.

Hi @morganperre

Have you opened a ticket?
As there is not reference for it here, and I need it to be fixed before putting this last release into production.

Thanks.

Hi @Louis-Marie,

We needed some internal resources to tackle this bug since I wasn’t able to find some potential regression (and a quick fix) on our end.

Our team is already on it. We will keep you updated once fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Morgan

Hi again @Louis-Marie.

I share with you our internal ticket. So you can track progress. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day.
Morgan

Hello @Louis-Marie !

I’m pleased to announce that we fixed the bug today. You don’t need to update the liana_version to test it.

Let me know if I can close this topic.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting the issue. :handshake:

Hi @morganperre

Indeed, it is fine now when navigating between different collections, with or without segments.

However, I have noticed the same issue the very first time that the Data view is displayed:
Just after clicking the “Data” button, and each time when coming either from the “Dashboard” or from the “Activity” view, the two routes of the first collection displayed are called twice.

As this is very similar, I don’t know if I should create a new ticket or not.
Please just let me know.

Thanks

Hi again @morganperre ,

an important additional note: it happens only when the first collection displayed in the “Data” view has segments.

Hoping this will help.

Best

Hi @Louis-Marie,

Well spotted, it only appears on Access to records through Segments only.
I’m able to reproduce it so I will create a ticket for this one. We will update the topic with the ClickUp card as soon as the team as the bandwidth to tackle this one.

Best regards,
Morgan
Note: In my case only the count route has been called twice.
Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 16.28.42

Hey @Louis-Marie,

We released a new version of our front application that should fix the problem. :tada:

Let me know if it solves the issue on your side. :handshake:

Best regards,
Morgan

Hi @morganperre

Everything works fine now.

Thank you very much.
Best regards

1 Like