Is it dangerous to re-migrate my database to recreate model definitions (by Lumber)?

Expected behavior

I have new tables in my database. I also have some structure/field changes to some tables. I want to refresh the model definitions to reflect this.

Since making many manual changes to the model definitions would be very time consuming, I am wondering if I can simply re-migrate the database. Will I lose any existing setups on the Front End (segment definitions, etc)?

Actual behavior

Lumber creates model definitions during the database migration. This is currently a one time occurrence.

Is there an easy/quick way to update the JSON model definitions in my project’s /models folder? Any way to use Lumber (or whatever) to regenerate?

Failure Logs

NONE

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version:
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect: Postgres
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name: UCM
1 Like

Hello @rvastag :wave:

You can use lumber generate to create a new temporary project and merge the new models inside your old project :slight_smile:.

Your layout configuration is saved on FA end, but be careful not to delete any smart feature you may have implemented.

2 Likes

How is this “merge” accomplished? Copy all the json files from the temporary project’s /model folder to the /model folder of my real project? What about other json files such as .forestadmin-schema.json or the json files in the /forest folder?