Charts in Dashboard not being rendered

:warning:This is a template you must use to report issues. :warning:
You can also drag images, videos and include Preformatted text.

Feature(s) impacted

Dashboards

Observed behavior

I am seeing this issue where some time based charts using queries as data source display an error:

It also sometimes happens with the single value charts although not as often.

These queries for the time based charts when executed directly in the database might take around 4-8 seconds, so they do not seem too heavy.

If I go into one of the failed smart chart in the Layout Editor, and click to edit and save the chart, it refreshes and displays successfully.

Are there any recommendations I can follow to avoid this issue? Are there any Forest IPs that need to be whitelisted in our database?

Expected behavior

Charts to be displayed successfully.

Context

Please provide in this mandatory section, the relevant information about your configuration:

• Project name: Journey LIVE
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: Production.
  • Agent type & version: …
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: n/a

Hi @michael.journey.live :wave: welcome to our community!
In order to help you I need more informations. :pray:

Have you got any error logs on your backend or on you browser?

If I understand well it happen only on charts who using live query right?

There are no errors in the backend when running in the development environment (using the same database source).

In the browser console there are 504 errors:

Correct, is in charts using queries which are the only ones we are using in the dashboard.

Do you receive the GET request from your failing chart on your server?
It seem to be linked to the 504 error maybe. Have you got any CDN or something like that between your server and the app?

EDIT: can you give us the response headers of a failing request? :pray:

1 Like

It seems like we are getting the GET requests in the server. There is no CDN between server and app.

Here the response headers of a failed request:

If I try to edit the graph, and save it, the chart then is rendered correctly. Might be something with the multiple GET requests going out simultaneously when the dashboard is loading, maybe it “locks” while is reading from the database.

I’m pretty sure it’s related to the cors error about Access-Control-Allow-Origin, I think we must find where this error come from.

Hello @michael.journey.live

I think the screenshot in your last message is incomplete. There should be more infos. Can you do it again after giving more space to the developper tool so we can see everything (General, Response Headers and Request Headers) ?

Can you do the same screenshot when the request is working (after saving the chart as you said in your first message) ?