Custom Filters for Smart Charts on new Node.js agent

I am not really sure about the “red banner warning” has something to do with the migration to the new generation of agent. An upgrade to the latest old generation was enough to use a version that is still supported and make the warning banner disappear.

Upon seeing the need for migration work, I jumped to the latest version, in order to make bigger advancements. I was not aware the new agent, was as new as it turns out to be. Anyway, my approach thus leads to issues as the current one.

but I believe that it would have to be implemented the same kind of way in the old or new agent generation; fully manual implementation.

To my understanding with the old agent, I would have access to the smart fields in the endpoints, where I was preparing the chart data,

I am not sure to get what you mean by “manipulating graph filters, was possible with the former ForestAdmin agent”. With what type of charts do you think it was possible and what do you call “filters”?

From the issue description, I want to select the time period over which the data is displayed. Or select a segment of the data: for example, do a funnel analysis for all lawyers (or only those belonging to a firm, which has more than 10 people), which is a data point exposed by an enumerated smart field.

How dynamic your charts have to be?

Upon submitting a change to the filter, once, I press a button. See the attached image, for the frontend prototype I created for this.

Being able to pass parameters to an API chart to change it’s computation and result, is a request that is really new to us as it implies implementing a Smart Charts using some API Charts implemented on the agent that are not static. And I am afraid that, so far, you’re the only company requesting for this.

Sorry, the certainty of your colleague @Sliman_Medini’s comment made me assume otherwise.

If we are the only company, who needs this, which surprises me, I fully understand, that you will not dedicate a feature solely to such a small fish as us. I appreciate the transparency, which confirms to me, that I should search for another solution.

Thanks for the chat and have a good evening!