Filtering/sorting on an enum array

Hello, I have a table “category” with a field “locales” that is an enum array (category_locales_enum[]).

Feature(s) impacted

• Filtering on an enum array
  • Sorting on an enum array

Observed behavior

Filtering or sorting in FA dashboard on this array throws an error. FA casts the array enum as enum_public.category_locales[] instead of category_locales_enum[]). The enum_public.category_locales[] doesn’t appear in our .forestadmin-schema.json so I assume it’s being generated somewhere at runtime. If the fix would take long, would you mind pointing me to where it is being generated so that I can patch a workaround in the meantime, thanks.

Expected behavior

Filtering or sorting in FA dashboard works.

Failure Logs

The stacktrace is sadly not very helpful here.

[forest] 🌳🌳🌳  Unexpected error: type "enum_public.category_locales[]" does not exist
{
  "name": "SequelizeDatabaseError",
  "parent": {
    "length": 118,
    "name": "error",
    "severity": "ERROR",
    "code": "42704",
    "position": "115",
    "file": "parse_type.c",
    "line": "270",
    "routine": "typenameType",
    "sql": "SELECT count(*) AS \"count\" FROM \"public\".\"category\" AS \"category\" WHERE \"category\".\"locales\" @> ARRAY['en']::\"enum_public.category_locales\"[];"
  },
  "original": {
    "length": 118,
    "name": "error",
    "severity": "ERROR",
    "code": "42704",
    "position": "115",
    "file": "parse_type.c",
    "line": "270",
    "routine": "typenameType",
    "sql": "SELECT count(*) AS \"count\" FROM \"public\".\"category\" AS \"category\" WHERE \"category\".\"locales\" @> ARRAY['en']::\"enum_public.category_locales\"[];"
  },
  "sql": "SELECT count(*) AS \"count\" FROM \"public\".\"category\" AS \"category\" WHERE \"category\".\"locales\" @> ARRAY['en']::\"enum_public.category_locales\"[];",
  "error@context": {
    "_ns_name": "forest-admin",
    "id": 7941
  },
  "stack": "SequelizeDatabaseError: type \"enum_public.category_locales[]\" does not exist\n    at Query.formatError (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/postgres/query.js:366:16)\n    at /path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/postgres/query.js:72:18\n    at clsBind (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/cls-hooked/context.js:172:17)\n    at tryCatcher (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)\n    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:547:31)\n    at Promise._settlePromise (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:604:18)\n    at Promise._settlePromise0 (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:649:10)\n    at Promise._settlePromises (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:725:18)\n    at _drainQueueStep (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:93:12)\n    at _drainQueue (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:86:9)\n    at Async._drainQueues (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:102:5)\n    at Immediate.Async.drainQueues [as _onImmediate] (/path-to-project/forest-admin/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:15:14)\n    at processImmediate (node:internal/timers:478:21)\n    at process.callbackTrampoline (node:internal/async_hooks:130:17)"
}

Context

• Project name: contact me by email if necessary
  • Team name: contact me by email if necessary
  • Environment name: development
  • Agent & database:
{
    "liana": "forest-express-sequelize",
    "liana_version": "9.3.7",
    "stack": {
      "database_type": "postgres",
      "engine": "nodejs",
      "engine_version": "20.9.0",
      "orm_version": "5.22.5"
    }
  }

Hello @louisl

I can reproduce you issue, but looking at the agent code and the sequelize documentation

I think the issue is more related to the the way sequelize handles queries on enum arrays

See the sequelize documentation on enum arrays (it’s the same for sequelize v5 and v6)

Best regards,
Nicolas

Thanks, that’s unexpected from an ORM… We’ll look how we handle this