Failing enumerative array input field of smart actions

Feature(s) impacted

The enumerative array input field of smart actions

Observed behavior

When I have one or more values selected in this field and I select a new value from the dropdown, then this new value gets added to the list, but another value gets removed.

Expected behavior

When I have one or more values selected in this field and I select a new value from the dropdown, then the newly selected value should be added to the list without removing any previously selected values. This was how it was working before.

Failure Logs

I assume, this issue only relates to the frontend of ForestAdmin. It does not depend on communication from our FA servers.

Context

• Project name: jurata
  • Team name: jurata
  • Environment: “node_modules/forest-express”: {
    “version”: “7.10.1”,

Hello @David_Roegiers,

We have another thread that reports the same issue if I’m right. Our team is already working on a fix. We will keep you updated once fixed. :pray:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Morgan

Thanks Morgan! Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

1 Like

Hello Morgan, do you have any update on this issue?

Hello @David_Roegiers,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was on holiday breaks.

I just check and unfortunately, it is not resolved yet. Our team should be full throttle by tomorrow (no more holidays), you should have more news. :pray:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Morgan

Hello Morgan

Thanks for the update.

Our internal operations team is really losing quite some time due to this bug.

This smart action functionality is an important part of our OPS flow, and the operators are getting frustrated about this sudden malfunction, which has been lasting for 7 days.

So any, prioritization to solve this tomorrow, would be highly appreciated.

Best,
David

Hi @David_Roegiers ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The bug is resolved and is released.

Best regards,

Shohan

Hello @shohanr,

Thanks for fixing this. We confirm that it is working on our end.

However, a new issue was introduced, I will share it on this thread, since it might be related:

If I delete a lawyer from the list, I would be automatically taken to the dropdown which would be opened. This was not the case before.

Can you fix that one as well?

Hi @David_Roegiers ,

We had to revert the fix. Thanks for the feedbacks, we will fix it as well.
Again, we apologise for the concerns and are working in the briefest delays.

Best regards,

Shohan

1 Like

Could I have some clarifications about this one ? A video would be self-explanatory :pray: .

Best regards,

Shohan

@shohanr

If you have reverted the fix, then the new bug, which was released with said fix, is not reproduceable.

Anyway, this revert is not cool and our patience has run out. Our company’s operations workflow is heavily impacted, since 9 days, due to this bug. You need to understand, that this UI glitch has almost doubled the time required for our operators to process incoming cases.

It was long awaited news, that the issue was fixed after 7 days. So, this revert now comes with a lot of frustration.

Can someone fix it as soon as possible?

I have in mind that it impact your company workflow and I am sorry to hear that.
I assure you that we are on it and that it will be fixed soon.

Kind regards,

Shohan

Okay, I am cheering from the sidelines for you to send us off into the weekend with good news :mirror_ball:

Hello Shohan, we really need a fix for this. Please report the progress so far, it has been 13 days.

Alternatively, it would be good to know, for us, how long this will take. We are completely underwater and might need to stop service for some customers, which would be a big problem for us.

Hi @David_Roegiers ,

The fix is released. Let me know if the bug which appeared after the first release is present again.
The video that you sent us helped a lot for the comprehension of the struggle. We are, once again, really sorry for the issue.

Have a good day,

Shohan

1 Like

Hello @shohanr

I can confirm, that it is working, on our end. I’m still waiting for confirmation from our OPS team, but as long as you don’t hear from me again, you can consider this fixed.

Thanks for delivering, and for the future, it’s good to know, that a video helps to explain the problem.

Have a good day yourself.

David

1 Like

Hi @David_Roegiers,

I am afraid will have to revert the latest patch due to the fact that it introduced a bigger regression somewhere else.
On another hand, you can still benefit from the patch using future.forestadmin.com (instead of app.forestadmin.com).

We will let you know once definitively fixed.
Thanks for your patience.

It is now back again and everything is working as expected.
Thanks for your patience.