Getting 401 "Unauthorized" error when trying to sign in for first time

Expected behavior

I should be able to login

Actual behavior

I try to login to my admin panel for the first time, however, it says the password is wrong, I’ve reset it to make sure I’m entering the correct password.

Failure Logs

[forest] Authorization error: Forest server request error: Unauthorized
VError: Forest server request error: Unauthorized
    at C:\Users\happy\Downloads\admin panel\dashboard-peanut\node_modules\forest-express\dist\services\forest-server-requester.js:48:23
    at Request.callback (C:\Users\happy\Downloads\admin panel\dashboard-peanut\node_modules\superagent\lib\node\index.js:893:3)
    at C:\Users\happy\Downloads\admin panel\dashboard-peanut\node_modules\superagent\lib\node\index.js:1114:20
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Users\happy\Downloads\admin panel\dashboard-peanut\node_modules\superagent\lib\node\parsers\json.js:22:7)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:326:22)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1223:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)
POST /forest/sessions 401 - - 983.287 ms

This is the error I get in the console when trying to login

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Project Name: dashboard-peanut

Hello @Peanut1120,

Welcome to the Forest Admin community.

Sorry to hear that you have difficulties with your new project.

Just to be sure I get it right. You can properly log into https://app.forestadmin.com and access your Forest Admin account, but you cannot start the project running on your machine?

If so, could you make sure you properly added values to the .env file?
Especially the ENV_SECRET that you can get back in the environment tab of your settings: Environments tab - Documentation

Hope this helps

Hey, I’m getting the same error after upgrading to version 7

Hello @Juan_Pablo_Lorier, I’m only seeing one environment that is using forest-express-mongoose@6.7.0 at the moment.

Did you have any error message at startup?

Can you paste the logs you have with this new version? The authorization method that is used is different, and these logs should not be the same.