How do I implement bulk checkboxes in a smart view?

I need to implement bulk checkboxes in a smart view.

I’m sure you all have a hidden component for this – can I get some guidance?

Expected behavior

Please describe here the behavior you are expecting.

Actual behavior

What is the current behavior?

Failure Logs

Please include any relevant log snippets, if necessary.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version:
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect:
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name:

Hello and welcome @austinrupie !

To make sure I understand well the problem you are facing, can you tell me more about the use case you want to set up via these bulk checkboxes ? :slight_smile:

Yes, I have a card view that shows records. Like having the table view, I need to be able to select many of them and perform Bulk Actions.

Right now in Smart Views there is no obvious way to implement checkboxes that trigger the Bulk Actions dropdown.

Hello @austinrupie

You can use the

<BetaCheckbox
    @value={{@value}}
    @small={{true}}
    @onChange={{this.onChange}}
  />

In your code for the checkboxes, but you would need to implement the logic you want by yourself

Is there existing logic to trigger the bulk actions dropdown outside of the smart view?

Hello @austinrupie !

I’m not sure to understand your question, could you please elaborate a bit more?

So in a table, I can click multiple checkboxes and trigger the “Bulk Actions” dropdown.

I need to do this in a smartview, and I’m guessing it’s hidden logic you all have to make that happen.

<BetaCheckbox
    @value={{@value}}
    @small={{true}}
    @onChange={{this.addRecordToBulkActions record}}
  />

Hi @austinrupie,

I am afraid we do not have this, as said @anon90145840 you would need to implement the logic you want by yourself.

Maybe an alternative would be to express the overview of your needs in another post, and we may be able to suggest you a more “out-of-the-box” solution to cover it.

I would be interested by the same feature.

@anon90145840 , how do you retrieve the action onChange on the controller side ?

Hello @gaelperon, what @anon90145840 suggest was only an example.
You will have to implement yourself the onChange action.

I hope it helps you :slight_smile:

That makes literally no sense. How can we call to control features that live OUTSIDE of the forest smartview?

Controlling bulk actions is literally impossible to implement ourselves.

Hi @austinrupie :wave: to achieve you want, you must manually implement the checkboxes features.
You can build an array of selected records and after use this documentation to call by a button or what you want the smart bulk action you want.