How to use stripe data on forest admin?

Hello :wave:

Feature(s) impacted

Stripe and dashboard implementation

Observed behavior

Following a stripe implementation in forest, I end up with info on the various customers, but this data can’t be used in the dashboard.

Expected behavior

Is it possible on forest to use Stripe tables via the dashboard or on the backend via the code?

Context

• Project name: Nostrum Care v2
  • Team name: Operation
  • Environment name: Production
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: “forest-express-sequelize”: “^8.0.0”
  • Database type: Postgres

Thank you in advance

Hello,

The stripe integration with forest-express allows you to display (in read only mode) information about stripe payments and customers, and to link some of your tables’ properties to Stripe’s customer id.

What are you trying to achieve on your end?

It’s still possible for you to use the stripe library to execute custom actions directly on stripe (for instance in smart actions), but Forest Admin here is only used as a trigger.

Hello @GuillaumeGautreau,
I wanted to know if it was possible to use the info stripe in the dashboard.

But from what you’re saying, it’s not possible to interact with stripe data providently from the stripe implementation, is it?

I don’t think it’s possible to make charts on data from Stripe with forest-express.

One possible solution would be to implement it directly, and declare a route to retrieve the information you want to display.

You can do it using a API-base chart and declare the logic in the function called from the route.

Yes I already tried to retrieve the data via a route. However, there’s too much data (over 2000 objects) for it to work properly.

Ok, the package forest-express itself cannot help for sure regarding this issue.

Our new agent package @forestadmin/agent provides a way to replicate data from an external API and run all sorts of queries with the replicated data.

It would be possible to use it and plug it stripe to retrieve the data from your provider, and display charts on top of it. For the moment we don’t provide an official stripe plugin but there are plans to do it using this strategy.

The package @forestadmin/agent is meant to replace forest-express and the transition requires a bit of work, but it gives a lot more power to extend and customize your admin panel.

Is it better to start a new project? Or is it possible to integrate it into what we currently have?

I think it’s better to deploy a new environment with this new agent and update it until il replaces the previous one.

OK, we’ll test it. We’ll keep you posted.