Is it possible to edit reference field through smart action?

Feature(s) impacted

Smart Action

Observed behavior

In my smart action, I got an address field which I make a reference to like this:

field: 'adresse',
type: 'String',
reference: 'addresses.id',
isRequired: true,
value: address.id,

When referencing the address, I chose to display the fullAddress: a smart field that combines “address, zip city

It works as expected, though, if the user noticed that the address is wrong, for example the number, he can edit it directly inside the smart action but the address isn’t updated.

I’d be happy to edit it in the smart action logic but the only thing I receive is the id of the address, I don’t get the user inputs.

Expected behavior

I’m not sure I understand how it works, does reference field exists only to pick another already existing reference? If so, maybe we shouldn’t let the user modifying the field with a non existing reference.
In my case, if it’s not possible to edit the reference field through the smart action, I could make it readOnly but the user will have to go back to edit the address (which is less smooth but still fine).

Context

Please provide in this mandatory section, the relevant information about your configuration:

• Project name: mytraiteur
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: Development
  • Agent type & version:
"liana": "forest-express-sequelize",
"liana_version": "8.4.7",
"stack": {
      "database_type": "mysql",
      "engine": "nodejs",
      "engine_version": "14.17.0",
      "orm_version": "5.15.
}
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: none

Hi @mathieuh :wave: exactly, reference field are only here to select an existing record.
The value of the input(here the address id) is set when you click on an item of the select list.
If you modify the value it just send a GET request to your server to get a new list.
Le me know if that help. :pray:

Got it, I’ll set it readOnly then.