We have the forestadmin integrated into our web application instead of deploying it as a separate application. Everything worked as expected in all environments when we were running forest-express-sequelize 3.1. We recently went from forest-express-sequelize 3.1 to 6.1. Everything works smoothly in a local environment. We are able to navigate to run our application and also able to use forestadmin on the locally hosted application. When we deploy to our staging and production environment on Heroku, forestadmin breaks. When forestadmin makes its xhr to get a data view, it gets the HTML of our client application returned instead of getting JSON data from the forest API endpoint in our application. Here is a summary of our environment and the observed results.
- We recently went from forest-express-sequelize 3.1 to 6.1
- We made the change to use async/await described in the documentation
- Then we saw a CORS issue
- We then made changes in our code to allow CORS from app.forestadmin.com described in the support forum
- We are now getting a parsing error because the HTML of our application is being returned instead of the JSON expected from the forest API endpoint expected from our application
Please provide us with any guidance that you can on fixing the issue in 6.1.
Please provide any relevant information about your setup.
- Package Version: 6.1
- Express Version: ^4.16.1
- Sequelize Version: 4.44
- Database Dialect: PostgreSQL
- Database Version: 12
- Project Name: Pactful