Lost all our fields

Forest is acting more and more unstable and weird.

All of a sudden, our development, staging and stable servers lost their fields…

We can see only custom fields in the collections:

Hi @sayduck-daniel,

Do you have any clues of why your .forestadmin-schema.json file changed?
Did you recently update you forest_liana gem to a new major version (that contain breaking changes)?

Thanks for your help?

we updated forest_liana Gem from 4.2.0 to 5.2.2

Hello @sayduck-daniel :wave:

Did you try to rollback to version 4.2.0 just to ensure it goes back to normal ?

Did you upgrade any other gems besides forest_liana gem ?

Thanks in advance


@Steve_Bunlon, yes we did update other gems, as we do on a weekly base. I can’t worry about your gem stop working every time we do updates to our code base…

We downgraded the gem to 4.2.0 and it worked again. We re upgraded to see and it kept the right schema.

Hi @sayduck-daniel,

If the downgrade to v4.2.0 solves the issue, it confirms the issue is not related to other gems upgrade.

I don’t really understand, in your last message, if the problem is solved or not.
Maybe something to consider for the new major version (that by definition contains breaking changes) upgrade you did: https://docs.forestadmin.com/documentation/v/inapp/how-tos/upgrade-to-v5.

We read the link you mentioned but nothing mentions loosing the whole schema on upgrade.

The problem is solved, downgrading and upgrading regenerate the schema again.