Our server encountered an error -- Again

Expected behavior

After logging in, accessing Forest Admin panel.

Actual behavior

Cannot reach the panel, getting " Our server encountered an error". All users impacted.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version: forest@0.16.0
  • Express Version: express@4.17.1
  • Sequelize Version: sequelize@5.21.11
  • Database Dialect: MySQL
  • Database Version: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.30, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper
  • Project Name: luko

Hi @Pierre_Megret :wave:

Thank you for reporting this. I can’t see any errors in our system or reproduce.

Does the problem persist after a hard refresh?

If so, would you mind sharing with me a quick video or screenshot?

Thanks

Hi Louis!
Thanks your prompt response! It turns out the problem was in our end, and I was a bit too quick to post the issue here, sorry for the inconvenience!

I was wondering, is there anyway Forest could send an email notification if the servers are down? I was lucky to check on it before our Customer Service team found out the issue.

Hi @Pierre_Megret,

Did you mean when your server is down ? If yes you can implement the logic that you want on your side :wink:

I think that a “status” page such as this one https://status.algolia.com/ can actually help understand where the problem lies, no matter whether that’s on Forest end or on the customer side, and I think in general it’s a great idea.

@Pierre_Megret would you mind creating a quick Feature suggestion for this topic?

1 Like