Expected behavior

Failure Logs

Context

• Project name: PCMR
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: Development
  • Agent type & version: forest-cli/3.0.6 with node-v18.12.1
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: N/A

We can try to reproduce and solve your issue but a lot of information is missing for me to do something with that ticket.

By grepping our source code, I’m guessing that you’re using a Microsoft SQL database and that forest-cli is crashing when you attempt to perform the database introspection step but that is as far as I can go.

• Does it happen on a particular table, or in all of them?
  • If it is only on one table, what is the structure of that table?
  • Which version of Microsoft SQL are you using?

Thank you for your reply.
don’t know what happened to my post by i am sure that I have added the needed info before posting.

you are correct; this is happening when setting up a new project and the forest client is crashing when reaching the database introspection.

i am using a Microsoft SQL 2008R2; at first i was using version 2016 with a named instance but also gave some problems and was not able to connect to it anymore which is why i moved back to 2008R2 as it is the default local host.
this is not happening on any particular table; no other messages are received.

in case this is not enough i am ready to supply more details

thank you for your time.

In our automated tests, I see that the Microsoft SQL docker images that forest-cli is tested against are

That would explain why we’re having issues with older versions.
We’re probably using a SQL keyword that is not supported in 2008 / 2016?

I’ll try to run the tests on older versions and see if I can reproduce the issue there.

And… I can’t

I’ll file a bug report on our ticket tracking system so that someone with a windows computer can either

• Try to reproduce the issue
  • Clarify which versions of Microsoft SQL we support in the documentation