Stuck on production environment configuration

I asked the question since the generated Dockerfile from forest-cli is based on top of node-alpine, which should lead to a root:root user & group, and not ubuntu:ubuntu as your output mentioned.

Also, there are no node_modules in your output you shared, which leads me to think that you are either using a shared volume, modify the provided Dockerfile or that your output does not come from a docker container.

Finally, our provided .dockerignore include .env, so I’m not sure why you would have this file in the context of your production & not node_modules.

seems i have a problems in path, i’ll check

Hello, I think I had the exact same issue while trying to deploy the forest admin backend to an ECS cluster in AWS. The installation could not complete because the file .forestadmin-schema.json was not found.

I was using the Dockerfile generated with the project:

FROM node:10-alpine
WORKDIR /usr/src/app
# install node_modules in another directory to easy mount folder for develoment purpose
ENV NODE_PATH=/usr/src/node_modules
COPY . .
RUN npm install -s --prefix /usr/src .
EXPOSE ${APPLICATION_PORT}
CMD ["npm", "start"]

At some point I had no clue what was going on and try to remove the part where the NODE_PATH is changed “for development purpose”. I then used the following Dockerfile and the error was gone and the file got found.

FROM node:10-alpine
WORKDIR /usr/src/app
COPY . .
RUN npm install 
EXPOSE ${APPLICATION_PORT}
CMD ["npm", "start"]

I hope this can help you if you read this tread to the bottom :slight_smile:

Yea, i did the same. Thanks :slight_smile: