Can't log in "Please verify that your admin backend is correctly configured and running, and that you have access to the internet."

Expected behavior

As a product manager I would like to just log in and get access on the data from our staging and production environment.

Actual behavior

Currently, I am seeing this error message when trying to log in with my Google Account: “Please verify that your admin backend is correctly configured and running, and that you have access to the internet.”

Failure Logs

Context

Forest Admin is not running locally for me, I only access it via the general Forest Admin login.
Don’t know about the below information.
Please provide me with information I can forward to our development team such that they can support me in fixing this issue.

• Package Version:
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect:
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name:

Hello @Shira_Goldberg,

Could you please share with us the packages versions that you are using? It’ll help us a lot identifying the source of your problem.

On September 30th, the root certificate from Let’s Encrypt, which is used to sign our own certificate expired. All obsolete systems (OSes or some libraries) that do not include the new version of this root certificate cannot check that the connection to Forest Admin is secured.

As a consequence, these systems block the connection to our servers.

You will need to check if the system on which your agent is running is accepting to connect to https://api.forestadmin.com by running curl https://api.forestadmin.com and see if you get an error mentioning an expired certificate. If it’s the case, then your server needs to be upgraded.

If your agent is running on rails, you need to upgrade forest-liana to the latest patch for your version, on which we fixed this issue.

Hi @GuillaumeGautreau,

Thanks for the fast feedback.
I forwarded this information to our developer team.

Will be in touch if they encounter any trouble.