Disabling the submit button in smart action forms when large files are loading

:warning:This is a template you must use to report issues. :warning:
You can also drag images, videos and include Preformatted text.

Feature(s) impacted

Submit button of smart action will be impacted.

Observed behavior

When opened a smart action that includes loading multiple large images, it takes around 30-40 secs to download all the images but the submit button of smart action is enabled from the starting as soon as the form opens. If user submits the form accidentally or intentionally that there are no images loaded yet, it sets null data in db for those image fields whereas originally it should have had the image base64 data.

Expected behavior

Submit button of smart action should be disabled until the images has finished loading in above scenario.

Context

Please provide in this mandatory section, the relevant information about your configuration:

• Project name: Curator
  • Team name: Developer
  • Environment name: ALL (Staging, Development, Production)
  • Agent type & version:
  • Package Version: 8.3 (forest-express-sequelize)
  • Express Version: 4.17.1
  • Sequelize Version: 6.6.5
  • Database Dialect: MySql
  • Database Version: 5.7.24

Hi @Saurav_Suman,

Could you please share a video reproducing your issue ?

Untitled
@vince sure, I am attaching a video here. So the Upload button at bottom-right corner of smart-action window is enabled from the starting while the form has not finished downloading the images for 2nd field i.e. Icon. If user has slow n/w connection, image download will obviously take more time.

@vince If you were able to reproduce this issue, could you please suggest some workaround for this if disabling the button is not possible as of now ?

@jeffladiray ^^
This a similar request with Unable to disable smart action form's submit button

Could you please provide an update on this ?

Yeah I will create a bug ticket for you :wink:. Sorry I was in holidays :pray:

Hi @Saurav_Suman :wave: a fix has been released now. Can you confirm it fix your issue?

2 Likes

Yes it has been now fixed.

1 Like