Error in the log about connections

Hi,

We have an error in the logs that didn’t appear until now. For your information, we are doing check of our application with more users. Before that whe had a very small amount of people using the app

Here is the stacktrace :

[forest] :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: Cannot set the Nb de doc recus value because of an unexpected error: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections
{
“name”: “SequelizeConnectionError”,
“parent”: {
“length”: 140,
“name”: “error”,
“severity”: “FATAL”,
“code”: “53300”,
“file”: “postinit.c”,
“line”: “823”,
“routine”: “InitPostgres”
},
“original”: {
“length”: 140,
“name”: “error”,
“severity”: “FATAL”,
“code”: “53300”,
“file”: “postinit.c”,
“line”: “823”,
“routine”: “InitPostgres”
},
“stack”: “SequelizeConnectionError: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections\n at /opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/postgres/connection-manager.js:182:24\n at Connection.connectingErrorHandler (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/pg/lib/client.js:213:14)\n at Connection.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at /opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/pg/lib/connection.js:109:10\n at Parser.parse (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/parser.js:40:17)\n at Socket. (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/pg-protocol/dist/index.js:10:42)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:309:12)\n at readableAddChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:284:9)\n at Socket.Readable.push (internal/streams/readable.js:223:10)\n at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:188:23)\nFrom previous event:\n at ConnectionManager.connect (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/postgres/connection-manager.js:121:12)\n at /opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/abstract/connection-manager.js:311:50\n at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:461:21)\nFrom previous event:\n at ConnectionManager._connect (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/abstract/connection-manager.js:311:8)\n at Object.create (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/abstract/connection-manager.js:129:28)\n at Pool._createResource (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize-pool/lib/Pool.js:255:8)\n at Pool._dispense (/opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize-pool/lib/Pool.js:240:12)\n at /opt/syndic-one-rebirth/node_modules/sequelize-pool/lib/Pool.js:276:16\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:75:11)”

Hi @mduhez,

From what I can read in the error, it seems like you are opening a lot of connection to sequelize without closing it. The error seems to be thrown by Sequelize & not by you backend himself, so I would suggest to take a look at this thread on stackoverflow

Let me know if that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. We use a connection pool but te number of connection may not have been sufficient. We change the configuration yesterday and we will see today if it’s work properly.

1 Like

@mduhez,

Thanks for the response. Let me know if it fixes your issue them :pray: