Error to access a new environment

Hey folks,

We have set a new remote environment, and when I try to access it I get the error message below:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "status": 400,
            "detail": "The redirect uri must be one of https://forestadmin-us2.tymeshift.io/forest/authentication/callback. Received \"https://forestadmin-us3.tymeshift.io/forest/authentication/callback\"",
            "meta": {},
            "name": "InvalidRedirectUriError"
        }
    ]
}

What are the possible places where we set the redirect URL? Can you shed a light on this, please?

• Project name: TymeshiftFA
  • Team name: Tymeshift Default Team
  • Environment name: US3
  • Database type: MySQL
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: Created the new environment based on US1. From what we can see, all ENV vars are correct.

Hello @Raphael_Neves,

Can you please:

1. Check that the value of APPLICATION_URL is correctly set on your new environment
  2. Check that the environment secret is correctly set with a value ending with 376
  3. Check that no value is set for FOREST_CLIENT_ID. This value is no longer useful and can lead to issues with authentication.
  4. Paste here the content of the variable named clientId shared during the authentication process. I would like to check what values it contains.

Thank you

Hi, @GuillaumeGautreau
Thanks for your reply:

1. is correct
  2. is correct
  3. we still have the CLIENT_ID set.
  4. eyJraWQiOiJFN3E2Q0FWNGxuWUtwNmdPTlFiaWlZOFhVUDVWSHhmS21VUHZRSnV0Q1Q4IiwiYWxnIjoiUlMyNTYifQ.eyJ0b2tlbl9lbmRwb2ludF9hdXRoX21ldGhvZCI6Im5vbmUiLCJyZWRpcmVjdF91cmlzIjpbImh0dHBzOi8vZm9yZXN0YWRtaW4tdXMyLnR5bWVzaGlmdC5pby9mb3Jlc3QvYXV0aGVudGljYXRpb24vY2FsbGJhY2siXSwiYXBwbGljYXRpb25fdHlwZSI6IndlYiIsImdyYW50X3R5cGVzIjpbImF1dGhvcml6YXRpb25fY29kZSJdLCJyZXNwb25zZV90eXBlcyI6WyJjb2RlIl0sImVudmlyb25tZW50X2lkIjo1NTg0NCwiaXNzIjoiRk9SRVNUX0FVVEhFTlRJQ0FUSU9OX1NZU1RFTSIsImlhdCI6MTYzMzAxOTY4Mn0.hOHd-NkAuhPZWNqzxzeeEoduS7psI9DCd7KjuZON-d8UgUh4R8KhxkxZH2JxxPZeGeetsunkcIgKwlQ3dfj-M5sLRGeMoyl9Nu6P-GpwGvQQdrIu1YnRS3-ALfMkpo0dcnlDA1Moj50DTyMlgIk2ZlDymVwMPIF8ghdApb9mMzCik1hEWJjUKMhC4QqFTonJaJkjvq1U5BJ_KB0OLH2zBMF1BC38BXrMZSvHbvKWQhvdFUKiLh-AwYkHJjr0X3TAnSdEOO3Sbsllsws3jZYZFwSJSfiHyM7lUe_cTF8NmjxNa0dbS3h93iHh97GaTZTFmcQIyz1s4B4dyN2-YzS81Q

The CLIENT_ID was the root cause. Removing it solved the it :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the solution.

I suggest removing this configuration in all of your environments, because it’s not needed anymore. We released an improvement with client ids that do not require setting a fixed value anymore, even in the case where there are multiple servers running.

1 Like