Error when using single value chart

Feature(s) impacted

When creating a single value chart in a workspace we get a weird error forbidden message

Observed behavior

I get a error “‘startWithParameters’ access forbidden on #table_name” when using single value chart when filtering one table by value in another table

Expected behavior

I expect the Single Value Chart to present a value.

Failure Logs

from Console:

Browser logs:

Chart appearance on UI:

UI of chart editing mode:

Context

• Project name: Empathy
  • Team name: All Teams
  • Environment name: All (production, dev, etc )
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: forest-express-sequelize: 8.4.8
  • Database type: Postgresql
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: …

Hello @Avishai_Lippner

Can you please give me a specific team / user on which you encounter the issue ?

Is it possible for you to upgrade the forest-express-sequelize package ?

Thanks

Sure thing,
Team is “Care Ops”, in the workspace " Outreach Protocol",
choosing any user that under the Segment “Pending Assessment”

The Single Value chart will not be rendered after associating it with collection1

And I also tried this flow again after upgrading forest-express-sequelize to 9.2.9 - got the same results.

Thank you for your feedbacks

In addition to the the team, can you give me the environment on which you encounter the issue ?

I can’t see this chart in our end, can you save it ?

Can you try to remove all the filter from the charts and tell me if its working without any filter, then applying and testing filters 1 at a time ?

I see you were using the templating ({{collection1.selectedRecord.accountId}}) in the second filter, templating is not supported in charts for agent version < 9

Hi,

I’ve created this chart again on Team: Engineering, under “Avishai Test” workspace.
The issue occurs only when adding the second filter that searches in collection1.

I’ve upgraded my local forest-packege to 9.2.9 and tested it, isn’t it enough to make it supported?

Hi,

Thank you for testing this.

As stated in the documentation :

This feature is only available from version 9.0.0

I think the issue here is that I still see you in 8.5.8 version

Did you restart your agent after upgrading it ?

On my dev environment it still showed me the error message “it requires agent version >9” after upgrading forest-express-sequelize to version 9.2.9
Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 15.12.48

Steps that I for this version upgrade:

1. upgrade forest-express-sequelize to version 9.2.9 on my packege.json
  2. run yarn install
  3. restart the agent

this is what I see now:

Looks like the version update doesn’t take effect

Can you check the version of forest-express-sequelize in the yarn.lock file please ?

If the version is not 9.2.9 can you please try the followings ?
yarn install --force
or
yarn add forest-express-sequelize@latest

Then check that you have a forest-express-sequelize version > 9 in yarn.lock and restart the agent

If the version is > 9 in yarn.lock and the filter still doesn’t work, can you check for errors in your agent console ?

Thank you

Hi @nbouliol
Apologies for the (VERY) late response :pray:
Not sure what am I doing wrong, I’ve updated forest-express-sequelize to 9.2.9 locally, I see it in the yarn.lock file as the new version.

yet, I still get the UI error message “Upgrade your agent to version >= 9.0.0 to input code”.

Hello @Avishai_Lippner

Did you restart the agent and reload the page on the browser after upgrading to version 9.2.9 ?

Do you have any error logs (on the agent or on the browser) to share ?

If by restarting my agent you mean restart the server and refresh the browser, so yes Yes, I have restarted my agent.

regarding logs, these are the same logs from my first message here.

Hey @Avishai_Lippner,

Is your .forestadmin-schema.json updated when you update forest-express-sequelize ?
There is a meta section that should display your version.
If the value is invalid, did you set the NODE_ENV environment variable ? We are expecting nothing or dev or development.