First install; Forest Admin not connecting

Hey there - excited to try this. However when I run the initial instructions this happens:

(node:37935) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'count' of module exports inside circular dependency

(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)

(node:37935) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'findOne' of module exports inside circular dependency

(node:37935) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'remove' of module exports inside circular dependency

(node:37935) Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'updateOne' of module exports inside circular dependency

⠴ Connecting to your database

After those warnings it’s spinning forever. I’m pretty confident the database is connectable as I’m using those exact settings on several apps on my local machine (MacOS 10.15.4). Tried with and without SSL.

Let me know if you have tips!

Hello @zambaccian :wave:

Welcome to our community :confetti_ball:

May I ask your the run the command again using the following flag please ?

--trace-warnings

It is hard to tell what’s going wrong here without this information. If you could provide me the result in the log with the flag I gave you w would have more stack trace to deal with :muscle:

Steve.

Hi @zambaccian,

Are you still facing this issue to set up your project?
If you do, could you please:

Run the command again using the following flag please?
--trace-warnings
Provide the results in the logs?

Otherwise we should close this topic.

Thanks!

Hi there,

We didn’t received any response in 2 weeks so let’s close this topic.

I ran into the same issue when I did a fresh install of lumber. I tried both with SSL and without, tried the localhost as well as my heroku database.

I ran node --trace-warnings ... this is my result. I’ve read similar errors here are often caused by a cli, I wanted to uninstall lumber but I couldn’t find documentation on it so I tried different npm uninstall commands.

throw err;
  ^

Error: Cannot find module '/Users/user/app/...'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1029:15)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:898:27)
    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12)
    at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: []
}

Hi @eookuro,

As mentioned in the github issue you just shared, it seems that it has to do with special characters in the project path. Could I take a look at the full path of your project ? (so I can try to reproduce on my end)

Also have you been able to uninstall and re-install the lumber-cli? (you can do so by running npm -g uninstall lumber-cli and then npm install -g lumber-cli@latest -s)

I hope this helped

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the cli, it produced the same error. The file path is /Users/johndoe

Hi @eookuro,
I’m not able to reproduce this either :confused:

Could you provide any informations that can be relevant for us so we’re able to reproduce your issue on our end? (Like the obfuscated command that generate the issue, your project name, the project full path, …)

Also, this is not the best solution, but if you are familiar with docker I can suggest you to try the onboarding process using our lumber image. If you are able to reproduce your issue with this, it’ll be easier for us to find the initial cause of your problem.

I ran into the same issue. It seems to be setting a project name with space, and trying to run it (macOS).
removing the project and starting again without spaces, solve the problem.

Hello @francom2,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing this precious information!

However, a project name containing a space should not cause any issue :thinking:
I just tried this morning and it worked fine.

Can you please tell me the name you tried that was not working?

Thank you!

I abandoned doing it with npm and used Docker which worked perfectly!