Forest 🌳🌳🌳 Cannot send the apimap to Forest. Forest might currently be in maintenance

Feature(s) impacted

It seems that my .forestadmin-schema.json file is not sent to forest, so I cannot create new smart fields, smart actions, etc…

Observed behavior

My database is well connected to forest and my old smart actions/smart fields are working fine.

Expected behavior

When I create a new smart field, nothing appears on forest. No update.

Failure Logs

Forest :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: Cannot send the apimap to Forest. Forest might currently be in maintenance

Context

• Project name: Estaly_Admin
  • Team name: Kakou

Hello @kakou,

Thanks for your message :raised_hands:

Forest Admin is not under maintenance!
So let’s try to understand what’s going on here.

On what environment are your operating your changes?
Did you restart your agent after having done these changes?
Is your forestadmin-schema file up to date with those changes?
Could you see any error / success message after having done your updates and restarted your server?

Thanks.

Thank you for your quick response.

I’m working on the development environment. I restarted many times my backend server. Yes my foerstadmin-schema is up to date. The only error message I see is “Forest :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: Cannot send the apimap to Forest. Forest might currently be in maintenance”.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Ok that’s very strange, I’m currently checking if something is going really wrong on our side.
Thanks for your patience :pray:

Could you tell me what is your forest-cli version (typing forest -v)?
Could you update it to the latest one? The message might be a bit more accurate

Thank you for your time.

I finally succeeded to send the “.forestadmin-schema.json” file using forest-cli: forest schema:apply.

However the changes are not done automatically when I restart the server. And the message

Forest :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: Cannot send the apimap to Forest. Forest might currently be in maintenance

is still displayed.

Here is my version :

forest-cli/2.7.0 darwin-x64 node-v18.0.0

Yeah sorry it has nothing to do with the CLI actually.
It’s your agent directly, it is facing an unrecognised error when trying to send the apimap.

Can you try to update your forest-rails agent just to see if it changes anything?

And could you try to see if you receive a response to the HTTP call made in the forest-rails gem of your agent, in the send_apimap function of the bootstrapper.rb file?
If you do, could you print the error?

Thanks a lot

@kakou any news on that?

hello,
i got this error " [forest] An error occured with the apimap sent to Forest. Please contact support@forestadmin.com for further investigations."
i am using express.
i cant send my new smartaction to forest and i dont wanna update the agent what should i do?

Hey @fletoxIsHere,
we had some issues yesterday. Could you try again ?

hi @vince ,
it work but still the hooks dont get the updates.
thanks in advance.