Forest don't load after upgrade to latest version in developement

Expected behavior

The app should be loading as expected but it’s not.

Actual behavior

The app is failing to load the route, this happened after upgrading from v5 to v8

Failure Logs

I’m getting this from my Chrome console.
Error while processing route: project.rendering.data.index Property set failed: object in path "collectionNamesToIds./app/forest/models/forest_mod/com_companies" could not be found. Error: Property set failed: object in path "collectionNamesToIds./app/forest/models/forest_mod/com_companies" could not be found.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version:8.2.7
  • Express Version:4.17.1
  • Sequelize Version:6.6.5
  • Database Dialect:postgress
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name:

Hi @Houssem_Yahiaoui, and welcome to our community :wave:

Would it be possible to have your project name so I can check your configuration on our end?

Migrating from v5 to v8 can be a really big migration, especially since most of these versions introduced a lot of breaking changes. Do you have a more precise insight of when you started to experience this issue (While migrating to v6, v7, v8?)

It will help a lot in order to assist you in the resolution of this issue :pray:

Hi @jeffladiray yeah :confused: I’m really aware of it, I’ve tried to fix all the breaking issues from DB connection to everything else in between, all was good until this nasty issue came to live I will send you the data privately, but the project is still developing, our prod still using v5.

This issue actually appeared in v8, I’m sorry as I know this is very dangerous but we jumped from v5 to v8 directly :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I will send you the data privately

You can contact me via DM here. Once I’ve got your project name I’ll take a look at your configuration to check if I can spot any issue with your current configuration :pray:

In the meantime, you could also give a shot at this strategy, which usually make it easier to migrate for old version to the latest:

• Download our latest forest-cli version
  • Create a new project, and filled in your current database informations
  • Generate the new project, and compare the old and the generated sources
  • Do some fixes?
  • Delete the new project once the old one is migrated

Let me know if that helps