Left Sidebar Missing in Forest Admin Panel; Only Activity Page Visible

I am experiencing an issue with my Forest Admin panel where the left sidebar, which typically includes navigation options, is completely missing. Currently, only the activity page is visible on the right side of the screen. Here are the specifics of my situation:

Context

• Project name: bluebot-customer-support-mangement
  • Team name: bluebot
  • Environment name: staging and development
  • Agent technology: nodejs
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: 1.13.1
  • Database type: postgreSQL
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: used forest CLI to push the changes

This is the screenshot of the dashboard without edit mode

And this is the screenshot of the dashboard with edit mode

Notes:

We have tried taking the following steps but nothing changes:

• Removed and generated .forestadmin-schema.json using npm start
  • Rolled back the current backend version, using forest branch <new branch> and forest push, to the most recent one before the left sidebar was missing

Hello @Kun_Xiao,

I double checked on my side and indeed the change has been made 13/04/2024 00:57:50 (UTC+1) but this shouldn’t be possible… We gonna make a manual intervention to put the sections back. :pray:
I will let you know once done.

We are trying to understand what cause the issue in first place. Did you push changes from a development environment? If yes which one?

Kind regards,
Morgan

Hey again @Kun_Xiao,

We have done the manual intervention. Your sections should be back.

We are gonna make a fix to prevent such thing to happen in the future.

Kind regards,
Morgan

1 Like

Hey Morgan,

Thank you for fixing the dashboard! The staging environment is recovered, but the local development environment is not. Would you please be able to recover my local development environment to the same dashboard version as my staging environment?

Here are the specifics of my local development environment:

Agent Version: 1.13.1
Name of the Environment: Development | michaelxiao

My last question is how we could roll back the current version of my forest admin dashboard to the previous ones if the same situation happened again?

Edited:

I tried recreating the local development environment, and it worked after recreating the new branch.

Hello again @Kun_Xiao,

It should be good too. Oh I just saw your edit comment.

Well internally we are gonna add some security and validation to ensure this cannot happen again. :pray:

Kind regards,
Morgan

We’ve added security on our side to prevent you from having this issue again :wink:

1 Like