No changes applied when 'pushing' local development schema to Preprod

Feature(s) impacted

Pushing, deploying

Observed behavior

We wanted to add new actions in one of our views, so I created a development branch, made what was needed to create those actions, they are working properly in the development branch GUI but when I push those modification to the target (preprod), the CLI says everything went properly but in the forest GUI the actions I’ve created doesn’t appear on the target branch.
The little banner on top is saying that I’m on the ‘preprod’ branch as expected so I guess it’s really about a schema desynchronization, I used schema:diff between my dev environment and the preprod one to check if something were missing but the CLI says they are identical

Expected behavior

I should see my new actions made in dev and pushed in preprod on my preprod environment GUI

Context

• Project name: sponsoplus-admin
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: MIKE-WITHDRAW-ACTIONS
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: “forest-cli”: “^3.0.1-beta.1”, “forest-express-sequelize”: “^8.0.0”,
  • Database type: Postgres
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: Actions for the view ‘tEClubWithdraw’

Hey @Mike_Aubenas :wave:, and welcome to our community :tada:

I would first of all suggest to update to our latest version of forest-cli via npm install -g forest-cli@latest (Release v3.4.0 · ForestAdmin/toolbelt · GitHub), just to be sure the issue doesn’t come from your current version of the toolbelt.

Also, could you check that:

• On the preprod environment, roles and permissions are correctly configured to access this action.
  • The action is not hidden.
  • The action is present in the .forestadmin-schema.json file on the preprod environment.

If possible, having the name of the action added would help locate any issue on my end.

Thanks in advance

Hello Jeff !

It was indeed a problem coming from the CLI’s version, doing the update solved it !
If I could suggest maybe adding a version check when running the CLI to let the user know that he might not be on the latest release, sort of like what OhMyZSH or pnpm are doing ?

Thanks again for the support and have a nice day !

1 Like

The way the code is handled, you should encounter a warning while installing the forest-cli tool (Which is, I agree, far from being ideal).

I’ll log an improvement on our product board. Thanks for your feedback :pray: