Rails integration fails at first step due to authentication error

Expected behavior

Tried to use the new Rails installation method but we immediately come up against a 500 server error. Looks like the server is receiving a rendering_id but expecting renderingId ?

Actual behavior

The admin portal errors and in the network panel you can see why (see below).

Failure Logs

According to the network panel we can see the forestadmin API says:

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "status": 500,
            "detail": "Authentication request must contain a renderingId"
        }
    ]
}

Server logs:

app      | Started POST "/forest/authentication" for  at 2021-02-25 08:52:32 +0000
app      | Processing by ForestLiana::AuthenticationController#start_authentication as */*
app      |   Parameters: {"rendering_id"=>"83806"}
app      | Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 2ms (Views: 0.3ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms)

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version: forest_liana 6.0.0

Hi @benwhite !
There are issues with de v6 for now, we are working on them !
I can’t reproduce your error, the rendering_id should be parse into renderingId by the ActionController if I’m not mistaken :thinking:
I guess you followed this documentation ?

Ah okay. I followed the images documentation here which is why I ended up with 6.0.0

https://docs.forestadmin.com/documentation/getting-started/installation#install-using-a-rails-app-as-your-datasource

You can follow the upgrade note I shared to try and make it work :slight_smile:
We are working on fixing the project creation on v6 (it doesn’t create the required environment variables).

Hello,

I have exactly the same error, but I’m using version 7.6.7 of the forest-liana gem, and just created the project by following the instructions after signing up.

Any idea on how to fix this?

thanks

@MatthiasRichard could you open another thread in order to help you ? :pray: