Sending a Notification when there is an action to be approved

We have a few smart actions that require approval, is there a way to be able to send some sort of notification alerting them of this.

As right now we have to manually email them to let them know that an action needs to be approved. Seems like this should be something simple to add that many might also need

Expected behavior

Please describe here the behavior you are expecting.

Actual behavior

What is the current behavior?

Failure Logs

Please include any relevant log snippets, if necessary.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version:
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect:
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name:

Hi @Zero :wave: I’m afraid, normally we have an automatic mail system when you use smart action requires approval.
Can you check if theses mails are not considered as spam or something like that?
Can you share with us your project name and a smart action who require approval on your project, in order to see your configuration. :pray:

Sent you a private message

Sorry I made a mistake, after some investigations, unfortunately we don’t have email notifications on approval yet…
The only “notifications” is the red dot on the collaboration tab.
I sent your feedback to our team. :pray:

Thank you for your feedback.

My team at Mastercard would also like to have the ability to send email or slack notification when an approval is pending. @louis

Thanks

2 Likes

Agreeded with this, is there any update @louis as I feel this is something that should be added in and making approval workflows harder to use for our team

We are looking to implement a slack notification from the smart action controller function until the pending approval notification system is built out more completely.

Hey @Andrew_Prior, @Zero I’ll push internally to support this natively.

@Andrew_Prior The problem is that the smart action controller is only called after the action is approved :thinking: I’m afraid we don’t have any workaround for now. But I would love to be wrong :slight_smile:

We were afraid of that, but had not put in the time to verify exactly how it worked. Maybe there is a way to use the change hook to do it… I will have to play around with it when I have time.