Set default values for Bulk smart actions

Hi,

We all need to be able to set default values for bulk smart actions.
I know that it has been requested for months by a lot of people, including me when the support was still in Slack, but it seems that it is not yet available.

I can understand that there may be some challenges to allow this, but, at least, would it be possible to have the POST /forest/actions/{actionNameDasherized}/values route called for bulk actions? This would allow us to override it and set the default values as expected.

This would really be a significant time saving for actions that are carried out every day by our users. It is no longer a request for an optional improvement, it is becoming a necessity.

In the meantime, I had to delete the parameters of some actions to hard-code the default values, but this is not a permanent solution.

Please, thank you for taking time to add this feature to Forest admin.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards

My setup

"database_type": "postgres",
    "liana": "forest-express-sequelize",
    "liana_version": "6.3.11",
    "engine": "nodejs",
    "engine_version": "12.13.1",
    "framework": "other",
    "framework_version": null,
    "orm_version": "4.44.0"

Hi team,

I was just testing the new load hook feature, hoping that it would help in setting default values for bulk smart actions, but it seems that it is available only for single type.

from Create and manage Smart Actions - Documentation

Would that be possible to manage this hook for bulk smart actions please?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

1 Like

Hi Louis-Marie,

It currently isn’t possible to use hooks with bulk Smart actions. We chose not to prioritize this when we developed hooks because it added quite some amount of work. That being said we haven’t forgotten about it: it is logged in our product backlog and we’ll do our best to prioritize it at some point. I have sent your feedback to our logging system to make sure you are made aware when the feature is rolled out.

Cheer!

@Louis-Marie

This is now supported
Here is the documentation Forms - [Beta] Developer guide