Text area widget for smart action form field in Node.js

The Node.js documentation says that the widget choice for form fields is no longer supported and that the default will be used.

Is there any way for us to create a text area field in the smart action form, in the Node.js backend?

Context

• Project name: PayAtt Internal Admin Portal
  • Team name: All teams
  • Environment name: Development (new)
  • Agent: "@forestadmin/agent": "^1.13.4", & "@forestadmin/datasource-mongoose": "^1.4.2"
  • Database type: MongoDB Atlas

Hello @zakarias,

As you have pointed out the area widget is not supported in a Smart Actions Form as of now. But in an effort to answer our community’s expectations, we are already working on adding all Forest Admin widgets to our Smart Actions Forms. We will release the support for each widget and its documentation as we progress through the list of unsupported widgets.

If this is satisfactory for you, we can announce here the support for Text area widget as soon as it is deployed :slight_smile:

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @dogan.ay,

Thanks for the info, that sounds good, I will keep an eye on this thread!

It’s quite an important widget for us, but I understand that migrating some things to the new system can take time. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zakarias

2 Likes

Hello @zakarias,

I’m glad to share with you the documentation page about widgets in smart action forms. You will find there the configuration for the TextArea as well as other widget that might pique your interest ! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello @dogan.ay,

That’s great news, thank you for notifying me! :partying_face:

Kind regards,
Zakarias

1 Like