I upgrade my self-hosted to V9 but V7 is always running
“The agent version on which your project is running (v7.12.2) will soon reach its end-of-life and needs to be upgraded.”
“start”: “node ./server.js”
- Project name: cashtrack
- Team name: cashtrack
- Environment name: staging and production
- Agent (forest package) name & version: 7.12.2 and 9
- Database type: SQL
- Recent changes made on your end if any: any
Thanks for reaching out
I’ve checked on my side, I don’t see any update attempt on the agent version of your production and staging environments.
You probably have made the upgrade on your code, but the changes were not pushed to our servers.
So here is the process:
- You do the changes in your code (ideally in a development environment, see this documentation if needed - be aware that pushing changes directly on remote environment is prohibited by default)
- You restart your server
- You should see the
liana_version correctly updated in the
forestadmin-schema.json file, and you should a message in your console logs informing that it was sent (something like:
Schema was updated, sending new version).
Let me know how this work for you.
ok thanks, I understand.
I can push on the staging environment but no effect.
What is pushed ? all the modified files ? I have upgrade my package.json before to init in forest, I need to redo it?
I can see you’ve create a development environment, that’s the right way to go.
- Upgrade your
forest-express-sequelize version on your development environment
- You should see the right version on your
- You can also check that everything is working fine on the UI after this upgrade
- Then you deploy your changes (I’m talking about file changes on your repo here) to your remote and production instances.
That should be it!
(Deeper explanation: to make the process safer, we are updating the
forestadmin-schema and sending it to our servers on agent restart only when the environment is of type development. Because normally you test it first on development and then propagate the changes on remote environment if everything is alright. There exists bypasses but we don’t recommend them).
Let me know