Authentication error - V7

Hi Forest,

I already talked about this problem: the authentication process of my local Docker environment sometimes breaks.

This happens with or whithout FOREST_CLIENT_ID environment variable. To fix it, I need the recreate a FOREST_CLIENT_ID

Do you have any ideas how to fix that ?
Guillaume

Hello,

Do you have an example of a CLIENT_ID that is failing and that you had to change?

yes here: eyJraWQiOiJ6d0VjbU5LVVpVTkdYUnlNRzZ2QUoyTTVfYzBoZGhfblBXS0hYWjhGUTFBIiwiYWxnIjoiUlMyNTYifQ.eyJ0b2tlbl9lbmRwb2ludF9hdXRoX21ldGhvZCI6Im5vbmUiLCJyZWRpcmVjdF91cmlzIjpbImh0dHBzOi8vYXBpLWZvcmVzdC5kZXYubG9jYWxob3N0L2ZvcmVzdC9hdXRoZW50aWNhdGlvbi9jYWxsYmFjayJdLCJhcHBsaWNhdGlvbl90eXBlIjoid2ViIiwiZ3JhbnRfdHlwZXMiOlsiYXV0aG9yaXphdGlvbl9jb2RlIl0sInJlc3BvbnNlX3R5cGVzIjpbImNvZGUiXSwiZW52aXJvbm1lbnRfaWQiOjUyMzQ1LCJpc3MiOiJGT1JFU1RfQVVUSEVOVElDQVRJT05fU1lTVEVNIiwiaWF0IjoxNjI1MjMzODczfQ.hwwzUsKOngp-YNlEAv9Nxrnb1Zq-F5VRBtHZwv8ijReMBIqjZ_HXbOcEwc7hbD72lkdjCQfxH98eDaSHEDwMuv4bbLbdc4QW3RewBJcGXCaUXuZJKAqYQirjBLRDjtF24Pf5LgiFQZSFKAn269yo2E7tqtTGepaxaQbTJAIrWu0uU27g6MqjwQxhZrPEsrDru9x2hLR944NWYYvplRh_z-ZN8sDySNz9rcQOlJ3vJsiaVbMygAetOmYHRRs9XYXZx4bDYGkFuSAO_a_grOck4YRDOJzmn-HEZnIOjcNqH6-FEIaGql6IIdTqESI8TdKyXVnP-OgVd4P2Gt-ClFIkjw

Can you please share with me the following info about the environment you configured with this client id?

• url
  • project & environment name

I would like to check that info in the token are coherent with the environment

Actually, I did not check the error from your screenshot, but it might indicate an issue that is not related to the client id at all.

I checked the client id, and its data seem to be coherent and point to a valid environment.

Can you please post the entire info about the 2 requests that are failing?

the other tabs are empty

url: https://api-forest.dev.localhost
projet: joinly-forest
environment= Docker_development

Thanks for the details. Do you have any info about the reason why the request failed? It seems that either the browser did not send the requests, or it did not receive a response at all.

nop… I don’t have other info.

I have renewed my FOREST_CLIENT_ID.

Shall we call if it happens again ?

The first capture shows that there were a kind of network error when accessing to your server. I don’t know what kind of network error it was, but I suppose that is has nothing to do with the client id.

Maybe your server was down, and the fact that you changed the client id restarted it? Maybe you did not have access to the same network?

Next time it happens, can you check that you have access to https://api-forest.dev.localhost in your browser? If you don’t, then the problem is that the server is not accessible.

All right. I will try but it seemed to me that the server was up because it happened suddenly.

For those having the same client ID issue, my solution was to update the client ID with the value returned from

curl -H “Content-Type: application/json”
-H “Authorization: Bearer FOREST_ENV_SECRET”
-X POST
-d ‘{“token_endpoint_auth_method”: “none”, “redirect_uris”: [“APPLICATION_URL/forest/authentication/callback”]}’
https://api.forestadmin.com/oidc/reg

It looks like the previous one expired