Can't connect to Dev server

Feature(s) impacted

When in the UI, I cannot access our Dev environment.

I configured a new database and added a collection from it via forest schema:update and all went well. I ran the dev server to check that everything still works before pushing and everything seems fine but I can’t connect to my locally running application from the UI as I was able to a couple of weeks ago (the last time I worked on this project).

I also tried running our working staging branch locally with the dev env and that doesn’t connect either.

EDIT: added an additional SS of the console.errors. It does look like it’s an authentication error of some sort. The FOREST_ENV_SECRET is correct and I’m serving at APPLICATION_URL=

Could it be that somehow the FOREST_AUTH_SECRET got changed on the FA end?

Observed behavior

Agent unreachable error

Expected behavior

Connects to development server

Failure Logs

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 14.53.01


  • Project name: scratch-payment-service
  • Team name: admins
  • Environment name: Dev
  • Agent (forest package) name & version:
"meta": {
    "liana": "forest-express-sequelize",
    "liana_version": "8.5.14",
    "stack": {
      "database_type": "multiple",
      "engine": "nodejs",
      "engine_version": "12.13.1",
      "orm_version": "6.29.0"
  • Database type: mysql and postgresql
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: added an additional database and one collection from it to the schema but I can’t connect when running the project form the master branch either.

Hello @Brett_Belka

From the screenshot you posted, I think the error is related to https

Can you please try to switch your application URL to APPLICATION_URL= ?


Yes, as mentioned in the post, that is the value I was using.

The change that appeared to have solved it was changing my connection to one of my apis used for a couple of actions to use the staging instance of that api instead of the local instance. But then I changed it back and it still works. That was the only change…

Anyway it’s sorted now, though the reason it wasn’t working is unclear to me.

Hello @Brett_Belka

I’m glad to read you’re unblocked. I’m marking the thread as resolved

I think the issue was because you were to trying to reach the agent through https instead of http


As mentioned, I tried http and https, as well as and localhost with both and there was no difference.

I’ve since realized that the issue is with using Brave instead of Chrome to access. I didn’t bother to sort out if there were settings I could change in Brave to allow it to work but this same error still happens if I try to use Brave but Chrome is no problem.