Error updating item in dev environment: "... removed from the module tree but is still active!"

Strange error trying to save an item just now, removing a related item, which I swear I’ve done in production…

Expected behavior

Saves like normal

Actual behavior

Does not save

Device 619 update failed: A copy of Notifiable has been removed from the module tree but is still active!

Note ‘Notifiable’ is a rails concern in my app

Context

In dev environment.
Rail app with 6.1.1 version of the gem… otherwise works fine

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version: forest_liana (6.1.1)
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect: postgres
  • Database Version: 11
  • Project Name: Dispatch

Hi @Kevin_Davis,

In order to have the full context of this problem, can you please give more details about your configuration and the failing scenario?

• The database schema of the involved tables?
  • The relevant forest models?
  • What is the type of record you try to save?
  • What is the type of related data you try to remove?
  • What is the entire scenario (create X, drop Y) you want to achieve when you reach the Device 619 failed
  • Can you share every log line from the browser and from the API relative to the issue?

Best

Database schema: not sure what you mean ? Development environment
Forest models: encountered this removing a ‘Room’ from a ‘Device’… can confirm this didn’t happen in production just now
Type of record trying to save: ‘Device’
Related data trying to remove: ‘Room’
Scenario: a ‘Device’ is signed into a room when the room association is present - I was trying to remotely sign some devices out of rooms where the hospital patients in the room wouldn’t be able to access the device
Logs: tried again just now and good news / bad news is that it worked fine where it consistently failed yesterday

Feel free to look at my account logs for my development environment if it helps

Kevin
founder, dispatch.care

Hello @Kevin_Davis,

To be sure I understand your last message correctly, does everything work as expected on your end now?

We had some issues yesterday which may have hindered authentication and permission checking.

Correct - just tried again and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for confirming!

Hi @Kevin_Davis,

Nice to know everything is working on your end. I’m closing this topic :+1: