Hi, does Forest Admin support Multi tenant environment, hierarchies etc where we have to manage numerous Super admins, client admins, task admins etc in a single housing?

Hi,

Does Forest Admin support Multi tenant environment, hierarchies etc where we have to manage numerous Super admins, client admins, task admins etc in a single housing?

Expected behavior

Please describe here the behavior you are expecting.

Actual behavior

What is the current behavior?

Failure Logs

Please include any relevant log snippets, if necessary.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version:
  • Express Version:
  • Sequelize Version:
  • Database Dialect:
  • Database Version:
  • Project Name:

Hi @ajithenginef !
I’m not sure I understand what you mean, could you give me an example ?

Hi,

I meant, we have a single global installation of ForestAdmin(1 global admin), Hierarchy-A, on which we have to have to create/run multiple project-wise administration portals (many project-admins or site-admins), that is Hierrarchy-B, and inside each sites/projects, there should be multiple department-admins (Hierarchy-C).

Hierarchy-A admins will be able to manage everything including CRUD operation of Hierarchy-B,C,D…and Z admins, Hierarchy-B admins will manage C,D,E…Z admins, Hierarchy-C admins will manage D,E,F…Z admins and so on.

It all should be achieved through a single master/global installation.

I hope you got clarity now.

Please advise.

Thanking you,

Ajith R S

So what I understand is that you wish to manage roles and teams across multiple ForestAdmin projects ?

Yes, using a single master ForestAdmin console/dashboard.

Thanks for making it clear :slight_smile:
Sadly we don’t support this use case right now. I’m pushing your request to our product team right away !

That means, ForestAdmin can’t be used to delegate admin panel access for multiple projects from the same single master ForestAdmin installation?

Hey @ajithenginef :wave,

As explained on this post you can create several teams on Forest Admin.

Each team can access different tables and have different CRUD permissions.

Also, you can apply scopes, to dynamically display specific data based on the current user.

Let’s maybe discuss further your use case over a quick call?

1 Like

Hi Louis,

Thanks, we just had a call with your team.

We will your team with a mind map which outline all our requirement, that will give you a great clarity on the use case.

Thanks!

3 Likes