Keep getting automatically logged out of forest admin losing all my context

This is a template you can use to report issues. You can also drag images, videos and include Preformatted text

Expected behavior

In the past I could have multiple tabs of forest admin open, which I’d use while dealing with various tasks. This would be helpful if I get distracted and want to come back to dealing with something.

Actual behavior

Suddenly in the last 1-2 weeks, I keep on getting automatically logged out of Forest Admin across all tabs one or more times a day. It usually happens after my computer goes to sleep, or after opening up my laptop at the beginning of each work day.

Context

Chrome 89.0.4389.90 on macOS v11.2.3

Hello @dig.

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on a fix on a bug that appears after the computer goes into sleep mode. We already released a partial fix that allow you to stay connected on Forest Admin, but displays a popup saying that you have been disconnected from the liana.

Is it your case, or are you logged out of Forest Admin completely?

1 Like

Sometimes I see the pop-up saying “disconnected” but after logging back in it just takes me to the default collection and I lose whatever context existed before being disconnected.

Ok, thanks for your feedback. We are working on a fix right now. I’ll keep you posted when it will be released.

@GuillaumeGautreau any update on this?
Suddenly over the last week, I’m also finding that when I log back in, its logging me in to a random Team instead of taking me back to the same team I was in before being logged out.

Hello @dig,

The first issue should have been solved right now. Did you noticed the same behavior?

Can you open a new thread for the second issue? I never heard of this problem, but I’m interested in getting more details about this problem.

On the first issue – I’m no longer seeing the pop-up saying “disconnected”, but rather I am completely logged out and redirected to https://app.forestadmin.com/login where have to relogin with my google account.

On second issue – will do.

Can you spot a scenario that leads to you disconnection? I would like to reproduce this issue on my end.

@GuillaumeGautreau it currently happens every morning when I start working. I don’t think it occurs during the day but will keep an eye out for if it also occurs during the day

I have some questions to reproduce this issue:

• which browser do you use?
  • can you describe how you re-access to Forest-Admin in the morning? Do you simply click on the already opened tab, or do you start up your computer, relaunch your browser etc?

@GuillaumeGautreau Chrome on Mac.
I simply click on the already opened tab (the browser is kept open and my computer simply put to sleep overnight)

Ok, I’ll try to reproduce this scenario on my end.

Ok, I could reproduce this issue. I’m working on a fix.

1 Like

Hello @dig,

We released a fix today, you’ll need to have the latest version of the frontend for it to be effective.

Could you please confirm that your issue has been fixed?

2 Likes

Hi @GuillaumeGautreau
This issue recurred today when I opened my laptop after being asleep. And similarly, after logging in, I was logged into another team that I was not logged into before

Hi @dig, thanks for your follow-up on this.

Regarding the unwanted log out, could you please answer these questions:

• What is your project’s name? Some configurations regarding the security depend on the project
  • For how long (approximatively) was your computer asleep?
  • Did you have multiple tabs open?

I also think that your second issue worth being investigated, I’ll take a look at it too.

Bridgement.1
Asleep over night (~12-14 hours)
Yes had multiple tabs open

Second issue was also posted separately a while back but not sure if they looked into it

Ok, thanks, I’ll try to reproduce your disconnection bug.

And I created a ticket to solve your second issue. I don’t know when we will fix it, but we will definitively work on it.

Hi @GuillaumeGautreau both of these issues resurfaced this morning again when I opened my laptop

Hello @dig,

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on both subjects. A fix about loosing the context is on its way, and we have identified the cause of log outs, we are working a resolution of this issue.