Applying any filters to certain segments results in an error: “The request to your server either failed or returned invalid data” (screenshot below). Specifically, I noticed that:
- Filtering is always broken when the segment has more than one criteria listed in its definition
- Filtering is never broken when the segment has only one criteria in its definition
- Filtering is never broken on full table views (only Segments are impacted)
What I mean by “more than one criteria in its definition” is this:
Segments with only one criteria (like this) are working fine:
I expect filtering to work on all segments. If it’s not possible for filters to work on segments with complex definitions, then filtering should be disabled for those views, and the reason should be clearly communicated to users.
The console logs look like:
- Project name: Gumbo UI
- Team name: DepMap
- Environment name: Production
- Agent type & version: django-forestadmin 1.4.6: GitHub - ForestAdmin/django-forestadmin: 🐍 Django agent for Forest Admin to integrate directly to your existing Django backend application.
- Recent changes made on your end if any: We haven’t made any recent changes other than upgrading the version of django-forestadmin we were using. We have been using these segments definitions without issue for about 6 months now, which makes me think that this bug may have appeared recently.