Struggling to set up Forest with my Heroku-deployed Postgres DB

Expected behavior

I’ve got Forest Admin working with my local postgres, and am deploying a separate app to hook into my Production Heroku Postgres instance.

I sourced my credential information from the Heroku CLI and filled out the Forest production setup form.

I expected to be able to view my production data in my new Forest Production Environment.

I also incorrectly misconfigured the Production environment behaviour the first time and expected to be able to remove it to start again.

Actual behavior

In my server logs, when trying to load the Production environment, I see:

2021-02-20T17:26:14.444898+00:00 app[web.1]: SequelizeConnectionError: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "<host ip>", user "<username>", database "<db name>", SSL off

I also cannot delete my original Production environment, but from other posts I’ve seen that that is in fact expected behaviour. I’d appreciate if all of my current environments could be marked as remote, so I can delete them all. Thank you!

Context

• Database Version: 12.5

Update! I’ve managed to get it all working. I realised I needed to set SSL to true. Then I got the SequelizeConnectionError: self signed certificate error.

After doing some searching, I found this old Forest Community post: SSL issues with ForestAdmin.

I’ve set DATABASE_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=false now and just want to check that this is a safe solution for my production environment?

Also, I’d still love my old Production environment to be deleted and my current Prod one to be promoted to the main production environment.

Thank you!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Relationships between models are not showing up on Forest Admin (Rails)

Hi @Nadia

I’ve manually reflagged your environments!
Prod is now the main production environment, and Production a remote one, so you can manually delete it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Thank you very much, @anon60307974!