Accessing new developer environment
stuck on page showing:
Your project is being configured.
This page will be reloaded automatically when the operation is completed, the process can take up to one minute.
Also seeing an error using forest command line:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of null
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at generateRow (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/cli-table/lib/index.js:181:11)
at Table.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Table.toString (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/cli-table/lib/index.js:258:10)
at EnvironmentsRenderer.render (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/src/renderers/environments.js:38:20)
at EnvironmentCommand.runIfAuthenticated (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/src/commands/environments.js:19:31)
at async EnvironmentCommand.run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/src/abstract-authenticated-command.js:23:14)
at async EnvironmentCommand._run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:29:20)
at async Config.runCommand (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/@oclif/config/lib/config.js:151:9)
at async Main.run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/main.js:21:9)
at async Main._run (~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.17.6/lib/node_modules/forest-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:29:20)
opens page showing collections
- Project name: MTMO Admin
- Team name: Operations
- Environment name: DEVELOPMENT | NEILCLIFTON (NEIL-DEVELOPMENT)
- Agent type & version: …
- Recent changes made on your end if any: Deleted previous development environment.
Thanks for your message.
Was this environment functional before?
You’re talking about a previous development environment you’ve deleted, could you tell me which one it was?
And it is working properly when browsing to the other teams (with this environment)?
I think I found something.
In your development environment models, you defined
mmsProvider which is different from what you defined in your Production environment:
This causes an issue because you have a dynamic simple dropdown field (
smsProviderKey) that has
sms_provider as a collection reference (and it doesn’t exist).
Your models definitions need to be the same between your development environment and its origin environment.
Little hint: the origin of your development environment is
Production and not
new-production (on which your models seems to be defined the same as you did for your development environment).
Let me know!
Thank you for the prompt response.
Ah yes, that would make sense.I’m switching the origin environment to new_production.
If I have the same issue, I will want to try the staging environment.
We have a mono-repo for the whole product now, and 3 levels of environment, staging, QA (Pre-prod) and production. I’ll have to be more conscious of the differences between my local git repo (work area) and the origin environment.
Probably time we cleaned up our FA environments.
Sorry missed the first post.
It was my local development environment that I deleted. It was working but an expected smart collection was not appearing in edit for me to mark as visible in the layout. Had tried a number of things, and resorted to trying to re-create my local development environment.
The other developers, including myself have not recreated their environments since “Production” backend and the git repository were aligned.
We have not been using FA branches to manage layout changes, these have all been done manually as required.
I’m currently in the process of taking over some work by another developer who’s Development environment was behaving correctly for them.
Thanks @Neil_Clifton for your answer.
Ok great, let me know if after the cleaning you’re still facing some issues!