Stuck with "Your project is being configured" in our staging environment

Expected behaviour

When logging in and selecting the staging environment it should load the project.

Actual behaviour

When the staging environment is selected by a user, that’s in the admin team, they get stuck in the “Your project is being configured” screen.

Failure Logs

There are no error logs. The last thing I can see in our APIs logs is a successful authentication. In the browser inspectors network tab there is a constant stream of GET requests to https://api.forestadmin.com/api/renderings/3051?refreshCache=false

Context

This has been confirmed to happen with two users. One thing I’ve noticed is that for some reason I can change between the Admin and our other team even though my user should only be in the admin team. Also if I do change to the other team the project loads and everything works as it should for a user in that team. So the fact that it’s showing me in a team where I shouldn’t be might be the reason behind this issue but I’m not sure what could be causing it.

In production, where we have the same versions and codebase in the api, everything is working. And it’s only showing my user in the admin team there.

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Package Version: forest-express-sequelize 7.9.3
  • Express Version: express 4.17.1
  • Sequelize Version: sequelize 5.22.4
  • Database Dialect: postgres
  • Database Version: 9.5

Hi @MikaKattainen :wave: sorry for the late response.
We have noticed an error of configuration(on our side) on one of your collection.
To try to understand how it is possible, I have some questions:
When did you encounter the problem ?
Have you done anything notable before the issue ?

Hi @Arnaud_Moncel. Thank you for the reply.

We recently, at the start of the month, updated to forest-express-sequelize 7.x and this was noticed sometime after the update. We were at 5.x just a month back. We’ve also updated sequelize version about a month ago from 4.x to 5.x. These are the only notable things I can think of.

However it is possible this issue has been there for longer. This was first noticed by our client and as we don’t use ForestAdmin on our end other than when testing the updates this could have gone unnoticed for a while by us.

I hope this answer helps and if you have any more questions I’ll gladly help anyway I can.

If there’s no main change on the Admin team you can simply do a copy layout from the who work to the Admin team. It should solve the issue.
:warning: BE CAREFUL this gonna override all the layout changes made on the Admin team.

If you can’t do that, I have just opened a bug report on our side, so you must wait the fix of it.
let me know.

Thank you for the help.

I talked about this with the client and we decided to wait for the fix as this is only an issue we seem to have in the staging environment.

Hello @MikaKattainen,

Your issue should be fixed by now.
Could you confirm it is working well on your side?

Thanks for bringing that up and for your patience :wink:

Hey @anon34731316

Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for the help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like