Updating GUI without CLI

Feature(s) impacted

I am unable to update my GUI or create branches without installing the CLI. I recall seeing a resync button in the GUI at some point in time.

Observed behavior

Even though I set up my admin by following the easy-to-use wizard provided, I am unable to update it without installing a CLI. My project schema reflects the DB changes, but the new table is not visible, including in the hidden fields.

Expected behavior

If I am able to do an initial setup with a wizard, I should be able to do maintenance in a similar way.

Context

• Project name: Vinos.com
  • Team name: Ventas
  • Environment name: Production/Development
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: django-forestadmin==1.4.11
  • Database type: SQLite/Postgres
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: Added a new model.

Hello @0xdesdenova,

The resync button that you may have seen is indeed only part of the instant setup (cloud) :

Your current project is using the django in-app stack, which is not compatible with cloud. Indeed, today you have to use the CLI in order to create and manage branches.

Regarding your question of schema update / new table: if the schema was properly updated and you are still not seeing your tables (even hidden) then it is probably due to missing rights on your role. By default, on production/remote environments, new tables are not allowed.

Please check that your role has the proper rights on your new table

Regards,

@Nicolas.M

2 Likes

Thanks for the speedy reply! I will proceed with your recommendations.