Combination of filters don't work

Expected behavior

As a user I expect to be able to combine filter types And/or in the same query. We expect to use the system for complex queries and this possibilty is crucial for the system.

Actual behavior

It is only possible to use either and or or in filtering - not both at the same time.

Context

Please provide any relevant information about your setup.

• Project Name: Leadtime app

Hello @ALZI and welcome to our community forum !

Thanks for your message and the feature request, this is something we currently don’t support in filters, but you can already create segments if you want more complex queries !

You can have a look at how it works here : https://docs.forestadmin.com/documentation/v/v6/reference-guide/segments

I hope this will suit your needs :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Remi

Unfortunately, I don’t think it is enough for system’s users, as they need to change queries all the time and want to use both types if needed. Complex queries are also not an option, as the users are not supposed to know SQL.
Do you have any plans regarding introducing this feature in the nearest future?

Best regars
Aleksandra

Technically it’s possible to combine OR and AND filters by creating segments and filtering on it afterwards, but it really depends on your needs.

If you have a base filter which will not change, you could create a segment with this filter, select it, and add an OR filtering.

Do you have an example of query that you would use ?