Development environments disappeared

Hello,

I have a setup where I use 3 environments on a free forest admin plan: development, staging and production.
Since yesterday, I noticed that my development environment has disappeared from my available environments on both my forest admin projects.

Has there been any new forest admin which might explain that ?

When I run forest admin locally (dev mode), I now get

An error occured while retrieving your IP whitelist. Your Forest envSecret seems to be missing or unknown. Can you check that you properly set your Forest envSecret in the Forest initializer?

I assume this is explained by the fact that my development environments have disappeared.
When I go to my projects environment settings, I now have the following error message

You have reached the 1 remote environment limit. Please upgrade to add additional remote environments.Upgrade your plan

I am surprised because it says on the pricing section of the website that you are allowed to have dev, staging and production environments on the free plans

Set up Dev, Staging and Production environments to control every step of your development process

And last week I was able to contact support through a chat. Has the chat option been deleted ?

Thanks a lot for you help :slight_smile:
Looking forward to reading your answers.

Hello @Christopher_Bagard,

Could you please fill in the required info when asking for help? I’ll be unable to help you if I don’t know more about your project.

• Project name: …
  • Team name: …
  • Environment name: …
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: …
  • Database type: …
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: …

Hello, I don’t not believe it is appropriate to share all the required information on a public channel. I’ll send you a inbox with the missing info

Hello @Christopher_Bagard,

The development environment had been deleted on April 27th at 12:34 (UTC+2), according the the information we have.

We are investigating on the reasons for this deletion, I have to confirm if it has been done manually on your side or if a problem on our side could have caused it.

@Christopher_Bagard :wave:

This is related to our recent Development workflow V2 enforcement.

As visible here, developments environments were automatically removed by our migration.

You should be able to forest init (See our documentation) to re-create a new development environment. It will provide you a new set of FOREST_ENV_SECRET and FOREST_AUTH_SECRET to update on your development environment.

Let me know if that helps.

2 Likes

thanks a lot @GuillaumeGautreau and @jeffladiray for looking into that for me.
Forest init did the trick to reinstate the development environment

Have a great day

2 Likes