How to give access to a specific environment for a user

Actual behavior

My project has 2 environments for now - Development & Production.

Currently, when I create a user with role User, the user is able to access only the Default environment of the project. That is, he is able to access only the production env.

Expected behavior

Is there an option to choose the environment that can be accessed by user. That is, I want one user to access only the Development environment.

For example,

1. user1 should have access to production
  2. user2 should have access to staging

Failure Logs

None

Context

• Package Version: 6.2.1
  • Express Version: 4.16.4
  • Sequelize Version: 5.15.2
  • Database Version: MySQL 5.7
  • Project Name: xs-library
1 Like

Hi @Shriram_Balakrishnan,

(I have edited my previous message since I have misundertood your request)
This is currently not supported to restrict visibility of an environment to specific users, so I’m push this to our product board.

Even if you cannot hide environment to a specific users, you can use teams from the “Project settings > Users” to restrict access on what users can/can’t do.

Hope that helps

1 Like

This is something that should be possible by the end of the year.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I am running into the same issue above.

I have three environments set up: Integration, Staging, and Production. I currently have them all in production mode because it was the only way for other internal users to view the environments. Since because the application only allows one active session per account, I can’t share my account info without getting signed out.

Would it be possible to allow multiple sessions for non-production environments? Doing so will allow my team to view my changes before deploying them.

Hi @james-janetech !
I’m sorry but I didn’t understand your problem and what you wish to achieve :thinking:
You are sharing your account ? If it’s an remote environment (staging or production) you should be able to invite other users on your project and they should be able to access them.
I see that you already have other administrators on your environments.
Can you reformulate what you need please ?

Hi,

I have the same problem mentioned above. I can’t hide integration and staging from people who have access to the admin panel. I want to hide integration and staging from non-admin users (users outside of the company I work for).

I was asking as an alternative would it be possible to allow me to share my creds with the company internal users without being signed out because it only supports single sessions.

Sorry, I sent the email too fast, I was thinking as an alternative I could turn off Integration and Staging environments from production mode (doing so won’t allow will only allow 1 admin to connect). And share my creds with my team so they can access the pre-production environments.

We enforce single session for security, as said above the only option until we support restricting environment visibility to specific users is to create a team with a restricted layout access for your external users.

Disabling production mode won’t remove the environments from the list.
I’m still not sure I understand what you want to achieve with your internal users :face_with_monocle:

Is there an alternative that you would recommend? Or should I delete the other environments until this feature is available?

Is it possible for you to enable multiple sessions? Then I can create a new project for each environment. Then I would be able to share my creds for integration and staging with my internal team (since you can’t invite users unless you have a paid account). And, the brand administrators would only have access to the production environment.

Our production environment is our paid account, staging and integration projects would be the test accounts.