Setting up development environment ERROR (v7.0.0)

Hey !
I’m currently encountering an authentication issue while setting up my development environment.

Initially, all the environment variables used were aligned with our production environment settings. However, upon creating a new development environment, I noticed that the ‘FOREST_AUTH_KEY’ and ‘FOREST_ENV_KEY’ values were automatically updated.

Despite these changes, when attempting to access the development environment on the frontend, I faced access issues. The server console, surprisingly, did not display any errors.
However, I found an authentication log in the console.

I also get a 403 forbidden response

My issue is that I need to get to my development environment but the access is denied.

Thank you for your help!

HI @Alan_KKW ,

Could I please have the following information about your project:

• Project name: …
  • Team name: …
  • Environment name: …
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: …
  • Database type: …
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: …

In addition to those information, what were the operations that you made to create your development environment ?

Best regards,

Shohan

Hi!

Here are the information:

• Project name: the company’s name ()
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: Development | alankalkan
  • Agent (forest package) name & version: “forest-express-sequelize”: “^8.5.15”,
  • Database type: MySQL
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: I upgraded the version from 7 to 8.

To create my development environment I did :
forest init
forest branch dev-environment
npm start

Let me know if you need any other info!
Thanks for your help!

Alan

I finally found out that I needed to migrate my project as it was created BEFORE February 2021, so I’m gonna contact the support to ask for them to do so ! As I was upgrading the project, I read the v9 doc to get to that point

Thank you!

Alan

1 Like