Layout editing error: "placeholder" is not allowed

Feature(s) impacted

Cannot show a dropdown list when adding record to a table.

Observed behavior

Try to update a model field edit widget to “Dropdown” and “Dynamic Simple” values from another collection. Got following error:

... update failed: Invalid patch value (path: "/collections/.../layout/fields/de2b2777-7c9a-11eb-82eb-2b1c56cbcbc6/widgetEdit", op: "replace", value: {"name":"dropdown","parameters":{"dynamic":{"simple":{"actOnCollectionId":"anotherCollection","filter":null,"actOnFieldName":"primaryKey"}},"isSearchable":false,"placeholder":null}}): ValidationError: child "parameters" fails because ["placeholder" is not allowed]

Expected behavior

No error.

Context

• Project name: MTMO Admin
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: new-QA
1 Like

Hi @Chloe ,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are working on a fix right now.

I will keep you updated when it is fixed.

Shohan

The issue has been fixed.
It should be available any time soon.

Shohan

1 Like

Thanks @shohanr. I can now edit the layout correctly.

@shohanr there’s another error I got when visit a hasMany relationship field in record Details.

Feature(s) impacted

Cannot show hasMany relationship field.

Observed behavior

We have a sender model and an account_sender model. The latter belongs to sender (one-to-many relationship). When I visit the account_sender field in sender record Details tab and there’s no account_sender under it, it works correctly. But when there are account_senders belonging to the sender, I got following error in console:

Error: Expected id to be a string or number, received null

and the UI is like:

account_sender has no id column in the table.

Expected behavior

No error. Show a list of account_senders.

Context

• Project name: MTMO Admin
  • Team name: Operations
  • Environment name: new-QA

Hello @Chloe,

Thanks for your feedback! This problem you are experiencing is different from the original topic of this thread, can you create a new thread on this topic please? This helps us to keep the forum clear if other users encounter the same problem as you. :pray:

Kind regards,

Florian