Need HELP! How to update existing forest project?

Usually after I change my schema I ran
lumber update -o
build using some command I must admit I don’t remember and then deploy using eb deploy.

Now whenever I try to start using npm start I receive this error.
What is the problem?
Also How should I build?

the relevant information about your configuration:

• Project name: GyroAdmin
  • Team name: NOVOS
  • Environment name: Staging & Test & Developemtn
  • Agent type & version: “forest-express-sequelize”: “^7.7.0”,
  • Recent changes made on your end if any: lumber update -o

Hey @Gal_Saada, and welcome back to our community :wave:

Could you provide the changes introduced by your recent lumber update -o build here (Or as a DM if you consider it private?)

According to the error, I would say that one of your model relies on require instead of import, but I can’t be sure without the changes introduced by lumber update -o build.

As a side note, Lumber is deprecated and I would suggest to switch to forest-cli, which contains the same subset of command Lumber (updateschema:update), along with some other command that may be useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the fast feedback @jeffladiray
I also tried with the previous commit and I still receive this message.
:thinking:
npm start is this the way to run it?
Should I use babel somehow?

Where can I read about forest-cli migration?

Where can I read about forest-cli migration?

There is not really a migration guide. all the existing lumber commands have migrated to forest-cli, and the only one that was available on lumber that may be useful in your case is forest schema:update = lumber update. As stated it was as side note though, I’m pretty sure your issue is not related to this.

I also tried with the previous commit and I still receive this message.
:thinking:
npm start is this the way to run it?

It should be if you did not heavily modify the code generated by lumber/forest-cli
If you rely on a “simple” generated admin backend, babel shouldn’t be required.

In order to help you the best I can, could you either DM me:

• The code of your admin backend?
  • If that’s not a possibility for you, provide a list of recent changes made to your admin backend?

It would be way easier for me to investigate this issue with the code on hand :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

Hey @Gal_Saada,

It appear that you have a node_modules folder inside your /forest directory. Removing it fixes the issue on my end.

Let me know :pray:

1 Like